Go Fast Bits DV + Diverter Valve T9357 (BMW N20 | N26 320, 328, 420, 428 and most 4 Cyl Turbo)
Introducing the new DV+ T9357
Suits Various BMW Applications
GFB’s DV+ solution couldn’t be simpler - keep what works and replace what doesn’t.
Worldwide Patent and Design Patent Pending
- Retains the factory solenoid coil for seamless integration
- Replaces plastic valve parts with metal for reliability and strength on chipped engines
- Direct-fit replacement with GFB’s TMS benefits
- Exclusive “pilot-actuated” valve mechanism for rapid response at high boost
GFB expands the DV+ range with a direct-fit solution for the weak factory diverter valve used on many European vehicles.
The solenoid coil itself from the factory-fitted valve is great (the ECU opens it faster than any pneumatic valve so why replace it?), but the weak point however is the valve mechanism itself. So GFB’s DV+ solves this problem by replacing just the valve parts with an anodised billet aluminium housing fitted with a brass piston machined to exacting tolerances.
The end result is sharper throttle response, lightning-fast valve actuation, and it will hold as much boost as you can throw at it. Read all about the DV+ story on the next page.
Other manufacturers’ products involve replacing the entire system with a traditional pneumatic valve, requiring long vacuum hose runs, additional parts for tapping into the intake manifold vacuum, plus either a different solenoid valve to actuate the pneumatic valve or a ballast resistor to plug into the OE wiring loom. All these additional items result in a product that is slower, less responsive, more expensive and takes much longer to install.
GFB’s DV+ solution on the other hand is more responsive, less expensive, easier to install, and doesn’t cause compressor surge/turbo flutter. Oh, and it doesn’t require different springs or frequent re-builds.
The DV+ story: Better performance - more reliable
Many late-model European cars use ECU controlled solenoid-type diverter valves. This is a good concept because the valve can react very quickly and it only opens when it needs to.
However, there are some problems with these valves. There are typically two types of solenoid-actuated diverter valves found standard on VAG and European cars, both of which have their shortcomings.
Common OE Problem #1
Common OE Problem #2
Additionally, in both cases, the solenoid on the OE diverter is directly connected to the valve mechanism, which is not ideal because neither it nor the return spring are strong enough to open and close the valve reliably at high boost.
With problems like this, you can see why other aftermarket manufacturers assume the best solution is to replace the factory diverter entirely. Unfortunately though, whilst their replacement kits might be stronger than the factory diverter, their slower response speed and lower flow do not justify the extra cost and complexity - more of a compromise than a solution.
GFB has taken a different approach to deliver a complete solution that solves existing problems and improves performance, without compromise or a hefty price tag.
The DV+ addresses the factory valve problems with a very simple and elegant solution. Keeping the factory solenoid retains all the benefits of the stock system, and replacing the valve parts with indestructable metal components ensures strength and reliability no matter how much boost you run.
That's not all. Rather than using the solenoid to directly actuate the valve, we’ve introduced a unique “pilot-actuation” system. This means the solenoid controls the air pressure that is used to open and close the piston, so it doesn't matter how much boost you push through it, the DV+ will open and close reliably without ever exceeding the solenoid’s capability.
This feature also improves on the factory system by opening the valve progressively in response to boost pressure, so it only opens as much as required to get the job done (the factory valve simply opens and shuts, it cannot partially open if boost pressure is low), resulting in better throttle response.
Unnecessary replacement kits are a compromise, not a solution
Patent and Design Patents Pending
PLEASE NOTE: installation of this valve is difficult in some vehicles because of the lack of space and access to the factory diverter location. In some cases the turbo may need to be removed to access the factory diverter to be able to install the DV+.
- BMW E89 180kw Petrol Engine RWD Convertible 09/11-on
- BMW E89 135kw Petrol Engine RWD Convertible 09/11-on
- BMW E89 115kw Petrol Engine RWD Convertible 04/13-on
- BMW E84 135kw Petrol Engine AWD Wagon 09/11-06/15
- BMW F25 135kw Petrol Engine RWD Closed Off-Road Vehicle 02/14-on
- BMW 114i/116i/118i F20/F21 (N13 engine) 2011-15 F20 160kw Petrol Engine RWD Hatchback 08/11-on
- BMW M2 F87 (N55B30T0 engine) 2015-on F22, F87 272kw Petrol Engine RWD Coupe 11/15-06/18
- BMW 220i/228i F22 (N20 engine) 2014-16 F22, F87 180kw Petrol Engine RWD Coupe 07/14-on
- BMW 220i/228i F22 (N20 engine) 2014-16 F23 180kw Petrol Engine RWD Convertible 11/14-on
- BMW 220i/228i F22 (N20 engine) 2014-16 F23 135kw Petrol Engine RWD Convertible 04/14-07/16
- BMW 220i/228i F22 (N20 engine) 2014-16 F22, F87 135kw Petrol Engine RWD Coupe 10/13-on
- BMW 320i/328i F30/31/34/35 (N20 engine) F30, F80 180kw Petrol Engine RWD Sedan 04/11-07/16
- BMW 320i/328i F30/31/34/35 (N20 engine) F31 180kw Petrol Engine RWD Wagon 01/12-06/15
- BMW 320i/328i F30/31/34/35 (N20 engine) F34 135kw Petrol Engine RWD Hatchback 07/12-06/16
- BMW 320i/328i F30/31/34/35 (N20 engine) F31 135kw Petrol Engine RWD Wagon 02/12-06/15
- BMW 420i/428i F32/33/36 (N20 engine) 2013-2016 F36 135kw Petrol Engine RWD Coupe 03/14-on
- BMW 420i/428i F32/33/36 (N20 engine) 2013-2016 F33, F83 180kw Petrol Engine RWD Convertible 10/13-on
- BMW 420i/428i F32/33/36 (N20 engine) 2013-2016 F32, F82 135kw Petrol Engine RWD Coupe 11/13-on
- BMW 420i/428i F32/33/36 (N20 engine) 2013-2016 F33, F83 135kw Petrol Engine RWD Convertible 07/14-on
- BMW 420i/428i F32/33/36 (N20 engine) 2013-2016 F32, F82 180kw Petrol Engine RWD Coupe 07/13-on
- BMW 520i/528i F10/F11/F07 (N20 engine) F10 180kw Petrol Engine RWD Sedan 10/10-07/15
- BMW 520i/528i F10/F11/F07 (N20 engine) F10 135kw Petrol Engine RWD Sedan 10/10-07/15
- BMW X1 sDrive20i/xDrive20i/xDrive28i E84 (N20 engine) 2011-15 E84 180kw Petrol Engine AWD Wagon 04/11-06/15
- BMW X1 sDrive20i/xDrive20i/xDrive28i E84 (N20 engine) 2011-15 E84 135kw Petrol Engine RWD Wagon 09/11-06/15
- BMW X3 xDrive20i/xDrive28i F25 (N20 engine) F25 135kw Petrol Engine AWD Closed Off-Road Vehicle 09/11-on
- BMW X3 xDrive20i/xDrive28i F25 (N20 engine) F25 180kw Petrol Engine AWD Closed Off-Road Vehicle 08/11-on
- BMW X4 xdrive20i/xDrive28i F26 (N20 engine) F26 135kw Petrol Engine AWD Closed Off-Road Vehicle 04/14-03/18