We Know Our Products
Helpful YouTube Videos
Many products ship free!
AST Suspension 5300 Series 3-Way Coilovers RAC-V1302S - 1987-1992 Volkswagen Golf GTI 1.8 MK2 (1G)
For the best performance on the track, AST Suspension designed the Competition 3-way adjustable series to fit the 1987-1992 Volkswagen Golf GTI 1.8 MK2 (1G) The 5300 Series shock absorbers are rebound adjustable in 12 positions on the strut.
The high speed compression is adjustable in 12 positions and the low speed compression is adjustable in 14 positions. Both compression adjustments are made using an external canister. All adjusters work completely independent.
Many years of technical knowledge, testing and experience has been refined, fettled and brought together to create a perfect balance between the choice of springs and the corresponding damping characteristics. This makes it a versatile product for every customer. The 5300 series shock absorbers are the best solution for every race team. Once installed, the AST shock absorbers are easy to setup, highly reliable and require low maintenance during the season because of the high grade of materials used.
All of this together makes the 5300 series shock absorbers a championship winning damper, over and over again. The AST 5300 Suspension is worldwide renowned for its performance at every level.
- High end, track ready suspension.
- Rebound, Low & Hi Speed Compression Adjustable ('Triples'), with a remote reservoir.
- Remote reservoirs allow additional travel, heat dissipation and oil/nitrogen gas capacity.
- 4.5mm diameter shaft struts are inverted and offer exceptional strength, which in turn reduces geometry change under corner and braking monoevers.
- Aluminum cylinder, threaded body shocks, factory mounting style
- New low friction seal on all AST dampers.
- Spherical lower eye shock mounts.
- Reservoir with hose or piggyback (piggyback examples: 2008 STI; BMW E36 rears).
- Spherical upper shock mount assemblies.
- Synthetic hydraulic fluid.
- Optional DLC (diamond like carbon) 44.5mm inverted shafts.
- Optional DDP piston (double digressive piston).
- Double Digressive Pistons are recommended for use on the non-driven wheels.
- 4WD/FWD vehicles: DD pistons for both rear axle struts/shocks.
- RWD vehicles: DD pistons for both front axle struts/shocks.
- Fully serviceable and rebuildable.
- Revalveable for specific characteristics.
- Part Number: RAC-V1302S
- Product: AST Suspension 5300 Series 3-Way Coilovers
- Adjustment: 3 Way
- Front/Rear Ratio: Front = 60% / Rear = 40%
- Strut/Shock Type: Front: Bracket McPherson strut / Rear: Eye 2 pin strut
- Model Years: 1987-1992
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Golf GTI
- Chassis: 1G
- Spring Kit: Included
- Front Top Mounts: Universal front mounts included
- Rear Top Mounts: Universal rear mounts included
- Adjustable Front Droplinks Available? No
- Adjustable Front Droplinks Required? No
- Adjustable Rear Droplinks Available? No
- Adjustable Rear Droplinks Required? No
- DDP Pistons Included? No
- DDP Pistons Available (Additional Cost): Yes
- DLC Coated Shafts Included? No
- DLC Coated Shafts Available (Additional Cost): Yes
- QDC Included? No
- TUV Approved?
- Comments: Body needs to be modified.
- 1987 Volkswagen Golf GTI 1.8 MK2 (1G)
- 1988 Volkswagen Golf GTI 1.8 MK2 (1G)
- 1989 Volkswagen Golf GTI 1.8 MK2 (1G)
- 1990 Volkswagen Golf GTI 1.8 MK2 (1G)
- 1991 Volkswagen Golf GTI 1.8 MK2 (1G)
- 1992 Volkswagen Golf GTI 1.8 MK2 (1G)
We are typically very quick and have a 24-48 hour turnaround time. Transit time depends on your order and which warehouse we are shipping from, but typical transit times are between 5-7 business days from one side of the US to the other.
Majority of the items we offer do ship free to the lower contiguous 48 states. States that require plane or boat to reach (such as Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, etc) do NOT qualify for free shipping. Please contact us to inquire about international shipping costs. During checkout, you will know which items ship free and which have shipping costs associated with them. In general, larger/heavier items will have additional shipping costs (body kits, wheels/rims, etc)
Even though everything can be shipped internationally, sometimes the cost is simply just too high and doesn't make sense to do so. We're here to make sure you have a great shopping experience, so if you have a product(s) you want to inquire about, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Yes, we do price match reputable competitors in the marketplace. If you find a product cheaper elsewhere, please email us the (1) link of the product from our website and (2) the link to the competitor site. We will make an assessment on our end if we are able to price match or not and respond to you via email.
Typically you have 14 days to return a product you purchase when you change your mind. Damaged and improperly installed products are NOT eligible for returns. Shipping fees may be assessed and not refunded based on criteria as well as restocking fees. Please see our FAQ page for more details.
Unfortunate Kies Motorsports no longer does customer installs (with the exception of crank hubs - we still do thos inhouse). Our HQ is solely reserved for filming, office space, and shipping/receiving.